The 2018 Annual Meeting of the Park Glen Neighborhood Association will be Monday, September 10, at 7pm at the Longhorn Activity Center. All Park Glen homeowners are welcome and encouraged to attend. Advance voting (online or mail-in) will take place starting August 10.
Meet the candidates and get updates on the electionhere.
Bulk trash pickup in Park Glen is always the week starting with the second Monday of each month. Please store your bulk trash in your garage or backyard until the 2nd Monday of the month (or the Saturday just before, at the earliest). Household trash, yard trimmings, and recycling is picked up every Monday. Click here for full details, schedule, and to download the city's phone app.
Any Park Glen resident may report a solid waste violation to the city online (click here) or by calling 817-392-1234.
Pool / Movie Night Saturday, August 18
7:30p-10p Longhorn Activity Center (5350 Basswood Blvd)
Movie is "Wreck-It Ralph"
This event is paid for by dues-paying members of Park Glen and open only to Park Glen residents and homeowners. We will be screening attendees for residency at the entrance. If you are unsure if you live in Park Glen, please look for your address on this list. In case of rainy weather, check back on this site for status of the event. Pizza and bottled water will be provided by the Association.
Judging for this month's Yard of the Month contest will be August 18-21. Volunteer judges will drive the neighborhood and select the winners for each month. Judging will be based on overall attractiveness and adherence to deed restrictions & community standards. To be considered, properties must not have any open violations or have any past due balance on their accounts. Winners will receive recognition in the online community newsletter and on this website, plus a “Yard of the Month” sign for their yards.
July's Yards of the Month
Phase I (Park Glen)-5108 Los Padres Ct. The Knoll-5212 Black Hills Ct. The Hills-4629 Seneca Dr The Glen-4513 Timken Tr The Preserve-8424 Ram Ridge Rd. Phase III-5449 Navajo Bridge Tr Windridge-5420 Mt. McKinley Rd The Vistas at Park Glen-6905 Chaco Dr The Meadows-7316 Big Bend Ct The Bluffs-5201 Spanish River Tr Parkview-4944 Navajo Way Vistas of Park Glen-7032 Warm Springs The Crossing-5141 Creek Bend Dr
Annual Dues:The $66 annual assessment for 10/1/17 through 9/30/18 was due October 1. Click
here for complete payment and contact information. The annual assessment for 10/1/18 through 9/30/19 will be billed on
October 1 and will be due
Top Tips to Avoid Deed Restriction Violations
· Your trash and recycling carts must be stored in your backyard behind your fence or in your garage except for the 24 hours they are at the curb each week.
· Always request approval before doing a property modification or improvement.
· All storage sheds require approval. There are limitations on styles, sizes, and locations of sheds.
· Fences of different height may not intersect or connect.
· Partial fences (a fence segment with one or both ends not connected to the home or the main fence) and lattice are not allowed.
· Keep your fences, retaining walls, garage doors, and house maintained.
· If a part of your home is less than attractive because it needs painting, request approval of the color (even if the same color) and have it repainted.
· Bulk trash may be placed at the curb only a day or two prior to the 2nd Monday of each month.
· Window air conditioning units are not allowed.
· Your yard does not have to be gorgeous, but it should have grass and be consistently mowed, trimmed, and edged. Shrubs should be trimmed to be neat and attractive. Low tree branches over streets and sidewalks should be trimmed.
· Tree stumps must be ground down or removed. Empty tree wells must be removed or have a tree planted in them.
· Portable basketball goals may not be kept in or near the street.
· Boats, trailers, and RV’s may not be stored in or visible from the street. Vehicles may never be parked in the grass.
· Vehicles that are inoperable, undriveable, unlicensed, or under repair may be kept only in the garage.